The return of the Wedding Present!

Ok, so I've been meaning to post about this for weeks now, but I was waiting on my "staff photographer" Gabby to get me these pictures. Anyway, on the last Friday in April I went with Gabby and Lollion to see the Wedding Present, back from the dead after spending several years reincarnated as a pale imitation of their former self called Cinerama. Okay, so technically this tour line-up is pretty much Cinerama but rocking more and therefore calling themselves the Wedding Present (shared quantity is lead singer and main songwriter Mr. David Gedge of course), but let's not get lost in all this people, I do have a point here somewhere.
Getting to it...they rock!
I have a bit of a history with this band. I saw them for the first time way back in 1994 (making me precocious and not old, by the very) when they opened for Superchunk at Tramps. That's 11+ years of fandom, and have seen them somewhere around the four of five times marks since. Don't ask for specifics, I've been to many shows, and consumed many alcoholic beverages, in my day.
They've been touring North America recently, though they may have wrapped things up by now, but if you have a chance you should definitely check them out. I promise you it will be a rocking good time. Just don't expect an encore, they have never done, and will never do, encores. I actually like their latest album Take Fountain, but a number of the loyal fanbase have been disappointed. If you're looking to get into them for the first time, go with either Seamonsters or Watusi, they're the best! For more info on the Wedding Present
Oh, and because I couldn't resist, here's Gabby's attempt at becoming the "art department" for Phil on the Town. It's a picture of her David Gedge doctored up by IPhoto or something (their inevitable love affair may just start with a photograph and a gentle hand to the lower back, or so Gabby hopes anyway). I assure you that neither one of them are quite so gray in person.

Gabby, I'll call you, you don't call me, about that position in the art department, okay?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home