Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Greetings to my international readers!

I just wanted to take a moment to give a shout out to my international readers!

Okay, so really I'm just saying a hello to my dear friend Lollion, who's currently "on the town" in either Tokyo or Hong Kong where she's traveling. Though if you are reading this from anywhere outside of the United States, thanks for visiting, and do tell all your friends about me! I love foreigners!

Lollion has been ordered to return to New York with a complete wardrobe makeover inspired by Harajuku street fashions. Something like this:

2504307_d9d2562ab1

You may be familiar with them from the entire episode devoted to these wacky Japanese styles on the last season of America's Next Top Model. I caught up with both the fierceness and Harajuku a few weeks back when I got sucked into a Top Model marathon on VH1 that had me in its grips for 9 consecutive hours. Yes, that's right, 9 consecutive hours. Given my weakness for the slothful indulgence of reality programming seriality, it's all I can do to try to get out as much as possible.

There are plenty of websites devoted to recaps and reviews of television shows, but there's only one website devoted to me. So far, anyway...I'm hoping my appreciation for Japanese youth culture will inspire someone over there in the land of the rising sun to develop a keen obsession with yours truly and start up a fan site or two! Be on the look out, I'm sure it's only a matter of time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home