Sunday night comedy

Forsaking my weekly Day of Rest rituals (barely leaving my bed, giving myself over to the voices calling to me from my television set, etc.), I pumped myself full of coffee and met with my friend Lisa to go to the Assscat show at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater in Chelsea. Lisa occasionally does tech work for these improv stars, so she got us in despite a packed house of New Yorkers hooked on their comedic smack.
The Sunday show is quite popular as it features "celebrities." In this case, a couple of Saturday Night Live members (Amy Poehler and Seth Myers when I went) and some of the regulars on VH1's Best Week Ever (the two balding guys, whose names I'd have for you if I wasn't too lazy to go look it up) represented the famous class. Furthering the Viacom trend, Gideon Yago from MTV News did the monologues that the comedians then riffed on.
All in all, a really great time! If you have a chance to check it out, I would definitely say it's worth the trip. If however, you're too immersed in your love of shows like Extreme Makeover Home Addition, I understand that you, well...sort of need to get a life and stuff. If you're interested in checking out some improv and/or sketch comedy, look no further.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home