Oscars party!
Well, I just haven't been able to keep up with myself, and have woefully fallen behind in keeping you all informed on my life in the fast lane. I will try to take a few trips back into my recent past over the next few days, I promise! But all excuses aside..
It's the Monday after the 77th Academy Awards, and now more than ever, we can truly say "who cares?" All the predicted winners came through with their respective victories, which was dull as can be, but an easy financial windfall for yours truly. That's right, I won my second of two Oscars pools entered, giving me a perfect record in my quest to rob blind people who don't follow entertainment news nearly as fanatically as I do come Oscars night. Seriously, I won this one by a landslide. Incidentally, thanks go to Elenor for throwing a lovely Oscars party and gathering together a nice batch of prey...I mean...company, to help make the evening enjoyable.
To be honest, though, there was one thing sort of surprising about the broadcast. Mickey Rooney's still alive! If you don't believe the general state of surprise that his appearance inspires, check this out! Don't worry Miss Regina King, that's the exact face I make whenever I tell an alcoholic octagenerian that it's good to see he's still kicking! Oops!
It's the Monday after the 77th Academy Awards, and now more than ever, we can truly say "who cares?" All the predicted winners came through with their respective victories, which was dull as can be, but an easy financial windfall for yours truly. That's right, I won my second of two Oscars pools entered, giving me a perfect record in my quest to rob blind people who don't follow entertainment news nearly as fanatically as I do come Oscars night. Seriously, I won this one by a landslide. Incidentally, thanks go to Elenor for throwing a lovely Oscars party and gathering together a nice batch of prey...I mean...company, to help make the evening enjoyable.
To be honest, though, there was one thing sort of surprising about the broadcast. Mickey Rooney's still alive! If you don't believe the general state of surprise that his appearance inspires, check this out! Don't worry Miss Regina King, that's the exact face I make whenever I tell an alcoholic octagenerian that it's good to see he's still kicking! Oops!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home