How I amuse myself when not on the town...
If you haven't noticed, I'm on the town quite a bit. Occasionally, however, one finds themselves at home on a Monday night at midnight, or should I say 11:59, with a minute to go before their 26th birthday.
My twin brother was calling to tell me when he was getting in from NY after a few days in Florida, and here is an excerpt from our conversation:
Setting: Sounds like he's stuck in a turbine, turns out to be loud techno music pumping out of car stereo speakers, didn't I say he was in Florida?
Twin Bro: So I will text you my flight information when I get back to the house.
Me: Okay, sounds good. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday, it's in a minute...
Twin Bro: Oh, thanks...Happy Birthday to you too.
Me: (in utter earnest) Oh, thank you for remembering... (followed by self-amused laughter)
Yes, this is why I keep myself busy...happy birthday to me!
My twin brother was calling to tell me when he was getting in from NY after a few days in Florida, and here is an excerpt from our conversation:
Setting: Sounds like he's stuck in a turbine, turns out to be loud techno music pumping out of car stereo speakers, didn't I say he was in Florida?
Twin Bro: So I will text you my flight information when I get back to the house.
Me: Okay, sounds good. Oh, by the way, Happy Birthday, it's in a minute...
Twin Bro: Oh, thanks...Happy Birthday to you too.
Me: (in utter earnest) Oh, thank you for remembering... (followed by self-amused laughter)
Yes, this is why I keep myself busy...happy birthday to me!

1 Comments:
I didn't know you were a twin-- so you're telling me there's twice as much kickassness in the world? Who knew!! Happy 26th!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home