Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Greetings!

So here you have it, after much consideration, trepidation, and procrastination, I'm jumping on the blogosphere bandwagon.

In this, my little corner of the world, I will be recounting various exploits from my life on the town. What town? Well, specifically New York, but if I visit other towns, I may just end up writing about those too!

A little history: Phil on the Town originated back in the mid-90s in print form in a fanzine I did called Double Whammy. At the time it took live show reviews as the launch pad for hilarious tales of what wild and crazy teen-aged indie pop dorks do when confronted with live, mostly indie pop music. Well...at least that was the intent. I'll have to go back and see if it actually succeeded.

My interests and obsessions are more varied now, so there will hopefully be a mix of everything here. For starters, my first "real" post will be about my trip to London earlier this month. It's late January here in the Big Apple, so there's not a whole lot going on. But now that I need to find things worth writing about, I'll start making plans and getting this faux-jetset lifestyle ball rolling.

Note to friends: In the sincere desire to keep the friends that I have, as I do love you all dearly, I promise to keep this puppy as clean as possible! You may fear what a renowned gossip like me will say about you all when supplied with the technological equivalent of a soapbox and a bullhorn. Be mildly afraid, as this is ME we're talking about, but I promise to keep it so you will all be able to sleep at night.

Glad to be here,
Phil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home